Plasma Fibroblast Skin Tightening in Scottsdale
What is Plasma Fibroblast Skin Tightening?
Plasma Fibroblast is a non-surgical skin tightening procedure. It is a revolutionary way to tighten skin, while improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is considered “soft surgery”, because unlike some other skin tightening cosmetic procedures, no scalpels or other surgical instruments are used. Instead, it uses a plasma device (plasma pen) to trigger a reaction and reduce the volume of excess skin.
This non-surgical skin treatment procedure has been safely and effectively used in Europe for many years, and is now gaining popularity throughout the USA.
Besides being a safe and effective way to improve the appearance of your skin, fibroblast skin tightening is much less expensive than surgical methods.
Fibroblast Skin Tightening is the only non-surgical procedure to reduce the volume of excess skin.
How Does Plasma Fibroblasting Work?
Fibroblasts are cells in connective tissue that produce collagen and other fibers. Fibroblasting is performed using a Plasma Pen, which is a highly advanced, non-invasive skin tightening device used to rejuvenate the skin.
The ‘Plasma Pen’ (plasma device) creates an electrical discharge to the skin that causes micro-trauma to the epidermal layer (top layers of skin). The precise flashes of plasma trigger natural healing in the epidermal and dermal layers to promote new collagen growth and rejuvenate the skin’s tone and texture with long lasting results.
The plasma pen is FDA approved to perform fibroblast therapy in order to stimulate production of collagen in the skin.
What Areas Can Be Treated With The Plasma Pen?
Fibroblast is used to treat a number of skin imperfections, especially around the eye area, including:
- Saggy skin around eyes – eyelid tightening
- Skin tags and sunspots
- Acne scars
- Loose stomach skin post pregnancy
- Wrinkles and lines around the mouth
- Excess, sagging skin on neck / jowls
- Loose skin under arms
- Lines on the forehead
- Necklines (turkey neck)
What is a Fibroblast Treatment Like?
Treatment begins with an initial consultation to discuss your rejuvenation goals and expectations.
Prior to treatment, a topical numbing cream is applied to the area being treated. The service concludes with the application of a post-treatment cream to aid in healing.
Procedure time can take between 30 and 120 minutes, depending on the area being treated.
Does fibroblasting hurt?
The plasma pen treatment is relatively painless, but skin sensitivity may occur and is normal for up to three days post treatment. Some peeling and mild redness may be experienced.
How long is the downtime?
You may experience some mild swelling for the first few days and carbon crusts (scabs) that form due to the plasma pen. It is very important to avoid the sun for the first week or so, while your skin is healing. If you need to be out in the sun, wear a hat that will shade the entire area you received the treatment. After the tiny scabs shed off, you’ll want to minimize the risk of hyper-pigmentation and apply SPF 60+. Remember, the skin that appears is basically new skin. Think of a newborn baby’s skin and treat your skin accordingly.
Results start to show immediately and continue to improve in the following weeks. Smoother, fresher, youthful looking skin is revealed as cell turnover occurs and collagen production increases, giving your skin the support structure it needs to lift and tighten. Clients can expect to see full results at 12 weeks of natural collagen building following a single Fibroblast treatment.
How long do the results of Fibroblasting last?
Since the skin volume is actually reduced during the treatment, the effects typically last three years! This is similar to what you would see with an invasive procedure. (See the advantages below)
Possible Side Effects
Because Fibroblast is a non-surgical procedure, it has been shown to be a safe treatment. Still, most people are likely to experience minor side effects, including:
- Small, dry spots (scabs), which will naturally lift off as the new skin appears underneath
- Mild swelling during the first few days
Advantages of Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening Treatment vs Surgery
Here are some of the reasons why people choose fibroblast over surgery:
- There is no injectable anesthetic required
- Non surgical treatment – Fibroblast is a non-invasive procedure
- No stitches
- No thinning of the skin
- Minimal risk
- There are very few side effects
- Very little downtime and rapid recovery period
- Procedure is Chemical-free
- Lower cost than surgery
- Quick healing process
Before and After Your Plasma Fibroblasting Treatment
Like most skin rejuvenation treatments, there are potentially some side effects. To obtain optimal results from the plasma pen, you must follow some important guidelines both before and after the treatment.
Prep Your Skin
At least three to four weeks prior to your fibroblasting treatment, you should avoid tanning your skin. This includes tanning beds, spray tanning, etc. If you have darker pigmented skin, you should use SPF 30 or higher three to four weeks prior to treatment. If you experience or are more likely to have hyperpigmentation (overproduction of pigment in the skin), please call and we can recommend products that can help.
There are procedures that you’ll need to avoid having done in the same area that you will have Fibroblast Pen treatment. These include chemical peels, botox or fillers, microneedling, laser therapy. Surgical procedures must have a wait period before and after Fibroblast Pen of at least 9 or 10 months. You’ll also want to avoid using facial acids like Retin A, salicylic, and glycolic. If you are planning any of the aforementioned procedures, it is important to schedule a consultation to discuss the pre and post time-frame to avoid these procedures.
Post Treatment Care
It is normal to experience a stinging sensation immediately following the procedure, but this usually only lasts for about an hour. If the area becomes swollen, you may apply cold packs, but make sure they are covered with a clean cloth and do not put ice directly on the affected area. If possible, avoid taking any anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen, Advil or aspirin. We will provide you with post-treatment instructions, but here are some things to avoid immediately following the treatment:
- Cleanse the treated area for at least a day using room temperature water.
- Sleep on your back and elevate head to reduce swelling (if area treated was your face or neck area).
- Avoid exposure to heat, steam or sweat. This can intensify any inflammation you have from the treatment.
- Avoid sunblock, makeup, creams or other cosmetic products for 7 days, as they may irritate the treated area of skin.
Other things to keep in mind:
- Do not pick at the tiny crusts that form. They will eventually fall off naturally.
- Avoid using washcloths or other abrasive materials to clean the treated area.
- Do not stand under hot water in the shower or submerse the treated area in hot water for at least 3 or 4 days.
- When showering, avoid letting shower gels or hair products come into contact with the treated area.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses for 72 hours if your treatment is around the eye area.
- No exfoliating treatments for 21 days.
- Do not wear make-up until all scabs have fallen off.
- Avoid sun exposure and keep area protected from the sun for at least 3 months to avoid hyperpigmentation.
- Do not sunbathe or use tanning beds for at least 3 months after your procedure.
Additional important information:
- Maintain a healthy diet to maximize your results and avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Although you will experience immediate lifting and tightening, be aware that the full effects of treatment will take up to 12 weeks.
- The treated area must be completely healed in order to receive additional treatments.
Beauty Made Simply provides a post care kit which includes SPF 30, cleanser, moisturizer, soothing mist, and a specialty serum (Retail value $100). Detailed instructions will be provided, but if you have any questions about this procedure, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help!
How Much Does Fibroblast Cost?
Fibroblast is considerably more affordable that cosmetic surgery and with the added benefits listed above, it is a great option for many people.
*Pricing depends on the treatment area and will be determined during consultation.
Are you looking for a non-surgical skin tightening option in the Scottsdale area? Please call us for more information or to schedule a consultation.
Plasma Fibroblast Before and After
Beauty Made Simply
Stacie Reid is an experienced licensed esthetician specializing in corrective skincare since 2005. She has a genuine passion for helping her clients reach their aesthetic goals and put their best face forward.